Senior Supply Chain Program Manager (Vaccine VAN)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Posting Date: 05/31/2017
Deadline Date: 06/30/2017
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the seamless implementation of technical project activities and completion of deliverables for the VxVAN project. S/he will prioritize the coordination of information and activities among key stakeholders involved in the VxVAN. S/he will work closely with the NVIP team, reporting directly to the chair of the VAN core team at NVIP, and be responsible for compilation of reports to Gavi and other donors. S/he will also work closely with DHL and other VxVAN implementing partners in providing oversight on the implementation plan and supporting the governance and coordination of partners to help improve supply chain efficiency.
The position will involve field travels. This is a seconded position, sitting with the NVIP in Kenya. Recruitment, hiring, and employment duration for this position is contingent upon funding.
- Manage and oversee the implementation plan; support the governance and coordination of partners to help improve supply chain efficiency.
Provide oversight and support in developing the design and scale up of the VxVAN, including integration of the Transport Support Hub implemented by the 4PL
Manage a complex set of stakeholders and partner organizations at various levels to meet VAN objectives
Assist in aligning VAN objectives with other investments and initiatives by drawing parallels and linkages as required
- Proactive management and governance to ensure that implementation by DHL/the 4PL contributes effectively to the overall VxVAN and builds capacity and skills within the MOH VAN team
- Understand and track the current immunization supply chain operations and specific functions that can be improved using the VxVAN approach
Understand and articulate NVIP and supply chain partners’ views on how Supply Chain Operations can be improved (and their measurable impact)
Expound on the existing core KPIs as needed to monitor an operational Supply Chain
Analyze the existing Supply Chain capabilities and gaps to understand the landscape, issues, players and objectives
Work with VAN teams to align the VAN design and implementation to the building blocks of NVIP’s overall Strategy
Develop a comprehensive project plan and get necessary approvals
Support alignment and coordination of incoming technical assistance
- Ensure program cycle timelines & milestones are met
- Provide a single point of contact for NVIP, partners and donors on all VxVAN related issues.
Use SC analytics identified to project & forecast the outcome of various SC improvements.
Maintain a portfolio of improvement projects, assist in their prioritization and ensure project teams are created to drive the scope, schedule and resources.
Formulate the project plans with corresponding needs for technical assistance and anticipated costs.
Establish standards of quality to be followed.
Proactively manage the project progress, evaluate the feasibility of all project initiatives, their costs/benefits/risks and take corrective actions when necessary and generate adequate reports.
- Provide leadership and cultivate a culture of consensus and coordination
Suitable candidates should have:
- Worked in a complex Supply Chain transformation program, and/or multi dimensional change programs within a government organization, and/or bring experience with senior stakeholder management in a complex organization
A strong understanding of Control Towers or Visibility & Analytics Networks and/or experience in private sector logistics, including 3PL and 4PL, is highly desirable
- Interest in population, health, and/or development issues.
Specific qualifications include:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Experience in project and stakeholder management
5 years' experience in providing technical support and/or administrative experience.
Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving).
Proficiency in Excel and ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, specifically MSWord, Access, and PowerPoint.
Experience in working with governments, NGOs and donor community is highly desirable.
Experience in mining, analyzing, interpretation, presentation and visualization of data is desirable.
Experience in documenting, packaging and dissemination of reports targeting multiple audience
- Experience in managing a health related program in a developing country.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 06/30/2017.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.