Our JSI/Georgia office shares JSI's philosophy, mission, and values: in all of our work, we are driven by a commitment to improving the health of individuals and communities, with a particular focus on underserved and vulnerable populations. For further information about all of JSI's work around the country, please explore our U.S. services, areas of technical expertise, and projects.
JSI Georgia works to improve the health of underserved populations, particularly those living in the American South, by designing, implementing and evaluating evidence-informed programs. We partner with government agencies, foundations, and community-based organizations to address critical health issues such as service accessibility, service integration, social determinants, and health literacy.
WHAT WE DO
Maternal and Child Health
We help organizations design programs that improve health outcomes for women and their families. JSI designs and delivers capacity building assistance, technical assistance and material development support to organizations that work to reduce infant mortality and health disparities, improve perinatal health outcomes, and address gender bias in programs.
HIV Prevention Toolkit: A Gender-Responsive Approach
Using community-based participation approaches, we help organizations design multi-level health programs that reach populations that have tremendous need for, but limited access to health services and information. We help organizations demonstrate how culturally responsive, integrated care improves health and lowers costs.
Health Insurance and HIV
Technical Assistance to Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs)
JSI provides instructional design, technical input, and IT expertise to help CDC improve the quality and accessibility of its Field Epidemiology Training Program’s educational and training resources. Also, JSI is evaluating, upgrading and standardizing CDC’s library of training materials.
Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project (SHSPP)
JSI delivers capacity building assistance to Healthy Start grantees helping them reduce infant mortality and health disparities, and improve perinatal health outcomes. The JSI team provides training, TA, learning collaboratives and communication products that incorporate quality improvement methods.
WHO WE WORK WITH
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Infectious Diseases, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- Health Resources and Services Administration, HIV/AIDS Bureau/ Division of State HIV/AIDS Programs
- Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Public Health Preparedness and Responses
- Health Resources and Services Administration/Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Office of Women’s Health