Service: Applied Research & Evaluation
Technical Expertise: Substance Use
The Massachusetts Department of Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (BSAS) has selected JSI to evaluate an opioid urgent care center pilot program. Three sites in Massachusetts have been funded by BSAS to provide and enhance access to the full continuum of care for individuals with opioid addiction and other substance use disorders.
JSI is working in partnership with BSAS and the funded opioid urgent care centers (OUCCs) to design a mixed-methods program evaluation that includes:
- Developing a standardized data collection system to track process and outcome measures (e.g., contacts,referrals, timeliness of treatment access).
- Documenting the three OUCC program models and strategies through qualitative case studies;
- Analyzing process and outcome data to measure client assessment, treatment placement, and program retention;
- Interviewing OUCC program and partner organization staff to understand barriers and facilitators of program implementation;
- Gathering feedback from OUCC participants to learn about their experience and feedback on the program.